+44 (0) 1766 832 488
Isallt Guest House,
Gwynedd LL41 3HD
Isallt guest house was built around 1870 for the local Blaenau Ffestiniog Doctor. It has been used for many purposes since, but was converted to a guest house in 1999. Isallt is situated in the centre of Blaenau Ffestiniog, right next to the Ffestiniog railway, with bus and rail transport, shops, pubs, cafes, restaurants, banks and a post office, all just a short walk away.
We have 6 rooms, which incorporate one family room, one king-size room, two double rooms, one twin and one single, all with en-suite showers. Room facilities include TV, hospitality tray and a hairdryer.
In addition, we offer wireless internet access (upon request) and we have a range of books and games for our guests to enjoy. An iron and ironing board are available for your use (upon request).
We are open all year and have a private car park and secure cycle storage.
- Isallt is an old Victorian house in the centre of Blaenau Ffestiniog, right next to Ffestiniog railway, which was built in 1870 and converted to a guest house in 1999. Whilst we aim to meet the needs of our guests there are some features of the property which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. Please note that there are no ground floor bedrooms.
- Level, paved access to the entrance.
- Our own private car park at the rear of the building. Access is via a gravelled driveway and down a small ramp to a level gravelled area. The car park is lit at night by motion sensor lights and is covered by CCTV.
- Non-smoking throughout.
- Assistance with luggage is available if required.
- We have a ‘no pet’s' policy except for guide and assistance dogs.
- Mobile phone coverage within the house is good and we can provide wi-fi on request.
- Public bus service and train station within a 2 minute walk
- The Ffestiniog railway is at the back of our b&b
- The front of the house serves as a drop off and unloading point
- The main entrance is through a wide doorway into a hall with double doors leading off to the stairs to the bedrooms and another door leading to the guest lounge and breakfast room. The hallway has a tiled floor whilst all other rooms, stairs and corridors are carpeted.
- Our bedrooms are located on the first and second floor. The first floor is accessed by a flight of 15 stairs with a 90 degree turn to the last three and a fire door at the top leading to the corridor. A banister runs all the way up the stairs on the left hand side. The family room and one double are located on the second floor which is accessed from the end of the corridor, down one step, through a fire door to a landing area, through a second fire door and up another 15 steps which are fairly steep and narrow. A banister runs all the way up the stairs on the left hand side and there is another fire door at the top.
- All our bedrooms are en-suite with shower, wash basin and toilet.
- Corridors and bedrooms are well lit but the corridors are narrow in places.